Marketing and Social Media Intern
Position Title: Marketing and Social Media Intern
Position Objective: To provide support for the sales team regarding marketing and social media as well as provide assistance to production team as needed.
- To provide support for the sales team regarding marketing and social media.
- To provide support for the production team as needed
- Attend client events with the view of social media and marketing
- Communicate, collaborate and cooperate with clients, co-workers, consultants, vendors and in all other business interactions.
Marketing Primary Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating and delivering press releases, media relations content, case studies, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, corporate style guides and social media content, at the direction of the sales team
- Work with current relationships with outside vendors for printing and promotional needs
- Assist in development of marketing materials at the direction of the sales team
- Assist and implement updates and improvements on company website
- Research competition by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of special marketing projects and campaigns
- Maintain and organize internal marketing resources, including the CD, audio, video and DVD collections as needed
Program Assistant Secondary Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Research and Development of future business opportunities.
- Assist with current event projects on an as needed basis with each of the program managers, administrative staff and freelance consultants
- Create documents and correspondence as requested by TER producers
- Assist production team with the standards, procedures and information for the success of the program
- Shell jobs/files, invoices, excel budgets, client documents
- Assist in the negotiations and management of project partners
- On-site staffing as needed to assist in the management and production of projects
- Maintain filing system, including computer updates, Outlook files and supplier files
- Shop for event/office supplies as needed
- Participation in creative and “brain storming” sessions with TER staff
- Answer phones/Messages/Customer Assistance
- Bachelor’s degree (or in process of) in event planning, marketing, communications, public relations or similar field preferred
Other Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities required:
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to customer service (internal and external)
- Intermediate level (or higher) proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Mac applications knowledge a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task; results-oriented
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization and work well in a collaborative team environment