Job Summary: The Production Assistant will collaborate with the Account Manager and Senior Producer, Producers and Associate Producers in research, development, planning and execution of innovative and memorable Live meetings and events as part of a strategic team responsible for customer contract fulfillment.
Position Objective: Assist with Total Event Resources production team to maximize current and future revenue opportunities for Total Event Resources by ensuring that the development and execution of live event solutions clients’ needs and expectations are continuously met by the agency.
Job Type: Full time
Salary Structure: Base Salary + participate in bonus program
Career Level: Professional
Reports to: Event Operations Manager
- As a member of the client team, collaborate with Senior Producers/Producers/Associate Producers to proactively reassess, communicate, and validate customer live event needs on an ongoing basis
- Assist with team to produce, and execute the strategic event plan, including scheduling and engagement of all agency resources, to meet client expectations and account performance objectives for live event production and management as well as lead on specific events based on level of project
- Assist on the planning and execution of all logistical components for assigned meetings, programs, or events
- Assist the marketing and communication components of assigned programs to maximize event attendance and ensure cost efficiencies are achieved.
- Report back to Producer leading the project on the process and making recommendations for adjustments to the plans
- Participate in brainstorming session for events as well as proposal/presentation development
Key Competencies and Professional Requirements:
- 1-2 years live events industry experience or internship in events
- Negotiation, organizational and analytical skills required
- Excel budget experience in accordance with maintaining profit goals
- Excellent B2B written and verbal customer service skills
- Proven success with creating and managing budgets for maximizing profitability
- Excellent inside/outside collaborative and organizational skills
- Professional working proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel outside of Chicago area on overnight business (up to 40-60%)
- BA/BS in Event Planning or Marketing/Communications or equivalent work history and experience
- CMP Designation (if none, then must be received within 12 months of promotion or eligible)