Are you a believer in the energy that well-planned meetings and experiences create? Can you connect the dots between what happens in a general session and your clients’ broader strategic goals? Do you love to teach and mentor promising young event professionals? Do you want to feel like you are contributing to something bigger than any one event?
If you answered, “Yes! That’s totally me!” to all the above, we want to meet with you to talk about joining our team in a mission-critical role.
Job Summary: A Senior Producer is responsible for leading his/her Strategic Production Team (SPT) to research, develop, plan, and execute high-profile and strategically important client events including but not limited to special events, meetings, incentive trips, and evening activity programs from contracting through final invoicing and post-program activity. Clients come from the corporate, higher-education, institutional, and association markets. Program sizes range from 25 up to 30,000+ participants.
- Create incredible planning experiences for our clients;
- Carry that momentum through to their audiences by delivering innovative live events; and
- Build and lead a high-performance SPT by sharing your expertise with junior producers.
Job Type: Full time – Exempt
Salary Structure: Base Salary + bonus
Career Level: Professional
Reports to: Director of Operations
Either directly or through the assignment of responsibilities to designated subordinates, the Senior Producer will perform the following, as well as other tasks/duties as necessary:
- Maintain and grow productive, professional, and profitable relationships with clients.
- Proactively assess and validate client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the planning and execution of all components for assigned meetings, programs, events, or projects.
- Serve as the central point of communication with all external stakeholders while remaining accountable for the entire project’s success.
- Identify opportunities to drive current and future potential revenue and profitability from first interaction with the client to onsite operations.
- Lead client pre-conference meetings to review program details and changes or additions to ensure effective information sharing and efficient operations during the program.
- Maintain constant presence and availability to client throughout program operations, including mobile and physical availability throughout the program, meeting the client so they feel a comfort level, being present at load-ins and start of events, etc.
- Obtain client signoff for changes, additions, and cancellations, including updating and managing change/growth of project scope.
- Assist in preparation of final invoicing and program closeout within appropriate time frames, as determined by management or contract.
- Monitor the ongoing success of program activities by conducting regular checks on the process and making recommendations for adjustments to the plans.
- Advise on and attend site inspections as required.
- Lead strategic planning process that develops mutual performance objectives and financial targets for the client and the agency.
- Coordinate the involvement of agency resources to meet client expectations and account performance objectives.
- Update/contribute to tracking client’s upcoming program opportunities and critical milestones.
- Lead, produce, and execute the project plans, including scheduling and engagement of all agency resources to meet client expectations and account performance objectives for live event production and management.
- Identify and resolve project issues, ensuring the project and the assigned team progresses on budget and on schedule.
- Lead their SPT in training and development for team’s and individuals’ growth plans.
- Support SPT to ensure the progression of contracted programs.
- Consult with and maintain a professional rapport with other SPTs and other strategic departments within Agency.
- Aid Creative Services in development of comprehensive solutions to deliver operationally sound services to our clients.
- Secure all supplier partners/preferred partners through a strict vetting process and negotiation of pricing.
- Conduct reviews of SPT members and training for field staff.
Key Competencies and Professional Requirements:
- 8+ years of event production experience
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven success with creating and managing budgets and maximizing profitability
- Excellent inside/outside collaborative and organizational skills
- Professional working proficiency in Microsoft Office, other project-related software
- Ability to travel outside of Chicago area on overnight business (up to 40%)
- Highly organized and analytical
- Able to navigate and flourish in a VUCA environment
- An open mind, a willingness to learn, a desire to contribute, and an underlying belief that meetings mean business
- A consistent, unstoppable mindset and a team-first approach
- BA/BS in business or event-related field and/or equivalent experience
- CMP, DMCP, CMM, CSEP or other professional designation (if none, then one must be achieved within first twelve months)