Job Summary: The Senior Producer is ultimately responsible for ensuring that they lead the agency’s Strategic Production Team (SPT) to research, develop, plan and execute high profile and strategically important client events including but not limited to special events, meetings, transportation moves and shuttles, incentive trips, tours & evening activity programs through final invoicing and post-program activity. Clients come from the corporate, higher educational, institutional, association, and not-for-profit markets. Program size ranges up to 30,000+ participants.
Position Objective:Maximize current and future revenue opportunities for Total Event Resources through the development and execution of creative live event solutions that exceed our clients’ needs and expectations while meeting the profitability requirements of the agency. Lead and build high-performance SPT.
Job Type: Full time – Exempt
Salary Structure: Base Salary + bonus
Career Level: Professional
Reports to: Director of Operations
Either directly or through the assignment of responsibilities to designated subordinates, the Senior Producer will perform the following, as well as other tasks/duties as necessary:
- Maintain and grow productive, professional, and profitable relationships with clients.
- Proactively reassess and validate client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the planning and execution of all logistical components for assigned meetings, programs, or events.
- Serve as the central point of communication with all external stakeholders while remaining accountable for the entire project’s success.
- Identify opportunities to drive current and future potential revenue and profitability from first interaction with the client to onsite operations.
- Conduct client pre-convention meetings to review all details of the program and any last-minute changes or additions to ensure effective information sharing and efficient operations during the program.
- Maintain constant presence and availability to client throughout program operations to include: mobile and physical availablity throughout the program, meeting the client so they feel a comfort level, being present at load-ins and start of events.
- Obtain client signoff for changes, additions, and cancellations, including change/growth of project scope.
- Prepare final client invoice and program closeout within appropriate time frames, as determined by management or contract.
- Monitor the ongoing success of event activities by conducting regular checks on the process and making recommendations for adjustments to the plans.
- Attend and advise on site inspections as required.
- Lead strategic planning process that develops mutual performance objectives and financial targets for the client and the agency.
- Coordinate the involvement of agency resources to meet client expectations and account performance objectives.
- Update/contribute to tracking client’s upcoming live event opportunities and critical milestones.
- Lead, produce, and execute the strategic event plan, including scheduling and engagement of all agency resources, to meet client expectations and account performance objectives for live event production and management.
- Identify and resolve project issues, making sure the project and the assigned team progresses and remains on budget and on schedule.
- Lead the strategic production team in training and development for team’s individuals’ growth plans.
- Produce and coordinate the marketing and communication components of assigned programs to maximize event attendance and ensure cost efficiencies are achieved.
- Support SPT to ensure the progression of contracted programs.
- Consult with and maintain a professional rapport with other SPTs and other strategic departments within Total Event Resources.
- Aid Creative Services in development of comprehensive solutions to deliver operationally sound services to our clients.
- Secure all supplier partners/preferred partners through a strict vetting process and negotiation of pricing.
- Conduct reviews of SPT members and training for field staff.
Competencies and Professional Requirements:
- 5 – 10 years live events industry experience
- Strong project management, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills required
- Excel budget experience in accordance with maintaining profit goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent B2B written and verbal client service skills
- Proven success with creating and managing budgets for maximizing profitability
- Excellent inside/outside collaborative and organizational skills
- Professional working proficiency in Microsoft Office, other project related software
- Ability to travel outside of Chicago area on overnight business (up to 50%)
- BA/BS in Event Planning or Marketing/Communications or equivalent experience.
- CMP or other professional designation (if none, then one must be achieved within first twelve months).